A foundational yet practical approach to UX that delivers more creative, collaborative, holistic, and mature design solutions, regardless of your background or experience
About This Book
* Improve your UX design awareness and skills
* Gain greater confidence to know when you have delivered a "good" UX design
* Learn by example using a book designed by a UX mind for a UX mind
Who This Book Is For
This book is written for the beginner as well as the experienced UX practitioner, regardless of team size, company size, or job title. It is also intended for anyone with an interest in UX, engages with UX, is involved in any way in interactive problem solving and design, or simply wants to learn more about what we do, how we do it, and why those in the UX field are so passionate about wanting to do it better.
What You Will Learn
* Awaken your UX mind and dispel the myths of non-UX thinkers
* Create the six optimal conditions for your best ideas to appear
* Identify and incorporate the ten design principles found in all good UX design
* Develop a broader understanding of Information Architecture (IA) to better engage, guide, and inform
* Develop a fundamental understanding of patterns and the properties that create them
* Raise your level of UX maturity with a strategy that transforms your approach to problem solving and helps others understand the true value of your work
* Utilize important tools of the UX trade that never go out of style
* Increase your knowledge of UX, incorporate valuable ideas and insights into your work, and look at design from a very unique perspective
Written in an easy-to-read style, this book provides real-world examples, a historical perspective, and a holistic approach to design that will ground you in the fundamental essentials of interactive design, allow you to make more informed design decisions, and increase your understanding of UX in order to reach the highest levels of UX maturity. As you will see, UX is more than just delighting customers and users. It is also about thinking like a UX practitioner, making time for creativity, recognizing good design when you see it, understanding Information Architecture as more than just organizing and labeling websites, using design patterns to influence user behavior and decision making, approaching UX from a business perspective, transforming your client's and company's fundamental understanding of UX and its true value, and so much more.
This book is an invaluable resource of knowledge, perspective, and inspiration for those seeking to become better UX designers, increase their confidence, become more mature design leaders, and deliver solutions that provide measurable value to stakeholders, customers, and users regardless of project type, size, and delivery method.
Style and approach
An in-depth, easy to read, and entertaining journey into and through the world of UX using real-world examples, thoughtful illustrations, and engaging quotes to inspire and explain fully the how and why of UX in a practical and impactful way and used immediately in your own work.
Scott Faranello has been a dedicated and passionate UX professional for well more than a decade now, working with many companies in very diverse organizational cultures. His experience includes intensive customer, user, and business research, conceptual wireframes, designing information architecture, conducting user and usability tests, measuring the ROI of usability, creating visual design, and staying abreast of the current UX technology trends. Scott is also the author of Balsamiq Wireframes Quickstart Guide (2012) and Practical UX Design (2016), Packt Publishing.